McPherson Concrete Companies has been nationally recognized for safety procedures and precautions. View our most recent awards and find out how we ensure the safety of our team today!Learn More
McPherson Concrete CompaniesConcrete Molder
- Company: Wichita Concrete Pipe, Inc.
- Location: 21 West 37th Street North, Wichita, KS, 67204
- Status: Temporary full-time
Wichita Concrete Pipe, Inc, 21 West 37th Street North, Wichita, KS, 67204, 316-838-8651 is seeking 20 temporary full-time Concrete Molders to work at 221 W 37th St N, Sedgwick County,
Wichita, KS, 67204, and additional worksites in Reno, Marion, Harvey, Ellsworth, Rice, Dickinson, Saline counties, KS from 04/01/2023 to 12/31/2023 for pouring concrete into steel forms that sit under a craneway. The process will consist of opening the form, pulling the finished product from the form, cleaning the form, oiling the form, correctly placing the steel reinforcement cage into the form, closing the form, fil the form with concrete, level the concrete ni the form, and cover the form for curing. After approximately a 12 hr. curing cycle the process is repeated.
- Must be able to lift and carry 75lbs for 50 yards.
- Must be able to handle temperature extremes.
- Some weekend work is required.
- Daily transportation to and from the worksite will be provided. Will travel to worksites within area of intended employment.
On job training will be provided.
$15.92/hr. Approx. 45-50 hours/week.
Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Applicants may be offered higher than the advertised. Wage rate may vary on experience and/or merit.
$23.88/hr. for overtime. Up to 10 hours overtime may be available but not guaranteed. All deductions from the worker’s paycheck will be made as required by law. The employer will use a single work week as its standard for computing wages and pay biweekly by check.
Employees who elect to live in the housing will have $750 deducted per month. Any advances will be deducted with the consent of the employee. In the first workweek, the cost of transportation (including meals and to the extent necessary, lodging) to the place of employment will be directly reimbursed to every worker. If the worker completes 50 percent of the work contract period, the employer will reimburse the worker for transportation and subsistence from the place of recruitment to the place of work.
Upon completion of the work contract or where the worker is dismissed earlier, the employer will provide or pay for the worker’s reasonable costs of return transportation and subsistence back home or to the place the worker originally departed to work, except where the worker will not return due to subsequent employment with another employer or where the employer appropriately reported a worker’s voluntary abandonment of employment. The amount of transportation payment or reimbursement will be equal to the most economical and reasonable common carrier for the distances involved.
In the first workweek, daily subsistence for travel to the place of employment will be reimbursed at a rate of at least $14/day to a maximum of$59.00/day with receipts. Also workers will be reimbursed in the first workweek for all visa, visa processing, border crossing, and other related fees, including those mandated by the government (except passport fees). The employer will provide workers at no charge all tools, supplies, and equipment required to perform the job.
To apply contact our office at (620)241-4362, email@example.com, or the nearest Wichita Workforce Center Comprehensive Center at 2021 N. Amidon Suite 1100 Wichita, KS 67203, Ph: 316-771-6800, /firstname.lastname@example.org
Culture and Opportunities
- We believe it is our responsibility to create a culture where our team members feel appreciated, rewarded and are provided an opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Our employees benefit from two training days a year (with lunch provided) where they can participate in a variety of topics ranging from safety and quality to personal health.
- We host regular team-building events, such as ax throwing, pickleball and more.
- Our team strives to promote internally, enabling our team members to grow their careers.
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Life, Short Term Disability)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Retirement Program